Views: 18 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-11-26 Origin: Site
The universal joint, or universal joint, is a part that realizes variable-angle power transmission. It is used to change the position of the transmission axis. It is the "joint" part of the universal transmission of the automobile drive system.
Do you know car engines? Do you know what is a car drive shaft?
Universal joints are divided into non-constant velocity universal joints, quasi-constant velocity universal joints and constant velocity universal joints.
1. Unequal velocity universal joint: When the angle between the two shafts connected by the universal joint is greater than zero, the output shaft and the input shaft transmit motion at a varying instantaneous angular velocity ratio, but the average angular velocity is equal;
2. Quasi-constant velocity universal joint: refers to the transmission of motion at the same instantaneous angular velocity under the designed angle, and the approximately equal instantaneous angular velocity at other angles;
3. Constant velocity universal joint: The output shaft and input shaft connected to the universal joint transmit motion at the same instantaneous angular velocity all the time.
4. Constant velocity conditions for cross-shaft universal joint transmission. Double universal joint transmission is adopted;
5. The angle α1 between the two shafts of the first universal joint is equal to the angle α2 between the two shafts of the second universal joint;
6. The driven fork of the first universal joint and the active fork of the second universal joint are in the same plane.
Quasi-constant velocity universal joints and constant velocity universal joints allow a larger angle between the shafts, and the bearing has good sealing performance, high efficiency, simple manufacturing process, convenient processing, and reliable work.
1. The universal joint is a component that realizes the variable angle transmission of power between the rotating shafts;
2. The universal joint is responsible for driving and steering between the front axle half shaft and the wheel;
3. The universal joint is a mechanism that realizes variable-angle power transmission and is used to change the position of the drive shaft. It is the connecting piece of the universal transmission device of the automobile transmission system;
4. The combination of universal joint and drive shaft is called universal joint transmission. On a rear-wheel drive vehicle with a front engine, the universal joint drive is installed between the transmission output shaft and the main drive axle reducer input shaft;
5. For vehicles with front engine and front wheel drive, the transmission shaft is omitted, and the universal joint is installed between the front axle half shafts and is responsible for driving and steering as well as the wheels;
6. Rigid universal joints are more commonly used in cross-shaft rigid universal joints;
7. The cross-shaft rigid universal joint has simple structure, reliable work, and allows a large angle of intersection between the two connected shafts, and is most commonly used in automobiles.