Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-11-03 Origin: Site
The function of the universal shaft is to connect the transmission output shaft and the main reducer input shaft not in the same straight line, and ensure that the Angle and distance between the two shafts often change, still can reliably transfer power.
1. Between the transmission (or Transfer) and the drive axle. The transmission, clutch and engine of general cars are mounted on the frame, and the drive axle is connected with the frame through the suspension. In the load change and the car in the uneven road when the jump caused, will make the drive axle input shaft and transmission output shaft between the Angle and distance change.
2. Between the OFF-road transmission and the transfer box. In order to eliminate the influence of axis coaxiality error on power transmission caused by frame deformation and manufacturing and assembly errors, a universal transmission device must be installed.
3. The half shaft of the automobile steering drive axle is segmented, and the intersection of the axes of the two half shafts changes when turning, so the universal joint should be used.
4. Half shaft of the broken drive axle. The main reducer housing is fixed on the frame, the axle housing swings up and down, the half shaft is segmented, universal joint must be used.
5. The steering shaft of some cars is equipped with universal transmission device, which is conducive to the overall layout of the steering mechanism.
The so-called universal joint, refers to the use of spherical connection to achieve different coaxial power transmission of the mechanical structure.The universal joint is a very important part in a car.
The combination of universal joint and drive shaft is called universal joint transmission device. In the front engine rear wheel drive vehicle, the universal joint transmission device is installed between the transmission output shaft and the drive axle main reducer input shaft; In front-engine, front-wheel drive vehicles, the drive shaft is omitted, and the universal joint is installed between the front axle axle, which is responsible for both driving and steering, and the wheels.